Sunday, March 30, 2014

Introducing, {FIT} Focused & Inspired Transformations

The Breakthrough Workout

I've been full of excuses lately. I'll wake up tired and think, I'll run after school. Then I get home from school and decide I'm so hungry. Then after stuffing my face I realize, I'm too full. The excuses go on and on...
Friday was different. I woke up with intention on my mind. I had a list of things I needed to accomplish and I was going to accomplish them, no matter what. As soon as I woke up, I finished some basic house work that needed to be done, had a shake for breakfast and a cup of tea. Then I sat down to write an assignment, from start to finish. I took a short break before deciding it was time to tackle what I was dreading most, my run.

I couldn't put it off any longer, so I laced up my shoes and jumped right into it. Rather than going with my usual music selection, I decided on a more slow-paced easy listening playlist. I thought a change of pace might help me get back into the swing of things. As strange and abnormal as it was, I was right. I actually found myself reaching a comfortable rhythm with this genre of choice. I got lost in the stories the music told and one mile quickly became two, then two miles became three.

But I didn't stop there! Oh no, I wanted to push on. A fire was lit and I wasn't about to let it burn out! I went through a circuit of the basics: squats, pushups, and sit-ups. Nothing too difficult, but enough to make me realize how much work I needed to do and how much stronger I wanted to become. I finally had what I like to call a break through workout. 

The Call For Action

I needed to push myself like this more often, so I sent out this snapshot of my Nikes and asked if anyone else was up for a challenge. Great Nikes, so much love for these Nikes.
"Who's ready for a 30 day challenge? Anyone want to join me? Run with me on Nike+ and transform your body with the right nutritional tools. It's time to shed that winter skin and get lean for bikini season. Let me know if you're ready to transform and are up for the challenge! #workSMARTER #notHARDER #fitness"
In retrospect, I see that my hashtags need work. Or maybe hashtags just look extremely lame out of context. I'll let you be the judge on that one.
Immediately, I received interest. Some was expected, some was not so expected. Either way, I was thrilled that so many people were taking an interest in their health and wellness! What was I going to do with all of this interest!?
Start a Facebook group of course. 

{FIT} Focused & Inspired Transformations

After a bit of brainstorming, our growing community of aspiring FITsters was born. The girls were so excited to spring into action and help each other along the way. I was surprised, pleasantly surprised.

I can't emphasize enough how important support and encouragement is when trying to achieve a difficult goal. For me, running on Friday wasn't the hard part. The hard part was getting off the couch, tying up my shoes and finding the motivation to move! As pathetic as that sounds, we've all been there and if we don't hold ourselves accountable the couch sounds like a pretty good option.

Sometimes all you need is that little extra push to realize, you can do it. And we will!

On April 1st, our first 30 day challenge will begin. Each of us will attempt to walk, jog or run 50 miles, in 30 days. I will be posting updates throughout the challenge, so check back to see how things are going. Or better yet, join our group and start your own journey.

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment