Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Michael Buble


This man is absolutely phenomenal. You can never really judge an artist until you've experienced their gift live, when it's full of raw emotion and pure spontaneity. I've been lucky enough to attend many concerts, some obviously better than others, but a person would be surprised who I found put on the best shows. You'd think all of the big names would acquire such fame for a reason, but for some that's not the case at all...

Britney Spears, for example, was the absolute worst concert of my life. As a little girl I bought all of the live tapings of her concerts and would try to learn all of her dances with my girl friends. She was one of the few artists we really enjoyed while we were young. So, we all grew up and Brit went a little crazy, but once we learned she was going on tour there was no way we could pass the opportunity by. A whole limo full of teenage girls packed up and headed to Britney's concert a few years back on her Circus tour and I can't even begin to explain how disappointing the show was. Not one song was actually sung, no jumbo screen was used, and the choreography was slim to none. Sure, let's all pay the big bucks to see Britney Spears micro sized sway her hips every once and a while. Who knows if she even was lip syncing, we were too far away to tell.

Michael Buble did not fall short in any way. Unlike Miss Spears, he never failed to charm the audience and "keep the party going", as he liked to say. The show had the perfect balance of romance, humor, and entertainment that had me longing for me after the concert concluded. This is so rare for me! Especially after a few beers and a couple hours I am usually ready to throw in the towel, but I would have stayed and had Buble sing me to sleep if I could have had my way. A big kudos for that!

All in all, I would just like to note that if you ever have the chance to see this amazing man perform I suggest you take it, you will not be disappointed.

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment