Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nothing like a quick rant...


Every year my soul is awakened by Komasket, my annual weekend of freedom, peace, and care free living. I can't even begin to explain the perfect atmosphere that is created by the music, people, and beautiful sanctuary this festival takes place on. Aside from the festival itself, I also get to spend the weekend with some of my favorite people in the world who can make me laugh, smile, and cry tears of all kinds - my family. It's got to be the combination of all of these amazing things that make me realize how truly wonderful my life is and how lucky and blessed I am to be able to experience such bliss.



I'm happy and have all that I need to survive, and it drives me crazy that I couldn't realize it for so many years. That moody teenager that I look back on is some one I never want to re-meet.

Today I tried, very hard, to be there for a friend. It was her birthday and so naturally a person would have a day filled with family and friends and be showered in gifts and wishes from his or her loved ones. This did happen for her, but it wasn't enough. I understand that we all enter these funks at times, but why of all days would some one choose their birthday to walk through the pity parade? Your life itself is the best gift of them all, and to not celebrate the mere fact that you survived another year is just silly in my opinion.
Can we all just step back and observe the beauty rather than try to smother it with conflict?




L.

No comments:

Post a Comment