Sunday, September 9, 2012

Year 3, Term 1

♫ Now Playing: The House That Built Me - Miranda Lambert 

If there's anyone left out there who visits my blog once in a blue moon, I'm sure you'll be ecstatic to see that my internet absence has ceased. Where have I been? Busy, you could say. Summer walked in and out quicker than I expected and it's nearly impossible to summarize the turn of events that I experienced. Before I knew it, my life was packed in boxes, my heart strings were strained from goodbyes and I found a new city to call home. Needless to say, I've gone through numerous changes and gained plenty of 'firsts' over the last few months.


Uprooting from Red Deer wasn't hard, for a number of reasons. First, Wells street was beginning to feel like more of a punishment and chore, rather than a place to lay your head and rest. The house was a dump, to say the least. Some days I felt like I should be getting paid for putting up with what I did, but I rolled with the punches. Secondly, I've been lucky enough to nest in a home that most people only dream about. My room is slowly becoming my room, and although I am still waiting on a lot of vital pieces of furniture (like my bed frame) I'd say that I have more than a student could ask for. 


I've also been gearing up for classes this past week and unlike most of the University students I've spoken to, I'm not focused on Thursden or the long nights and shitty mornings to come. My inner nerd has already crept up on me and is ready to take the reigns, something I'm 100% okay with. I might even go as far as to say I'm excited for the text books and 12 page papers, but I'm sure I'll retract that statement in a week or so. 

Until then, 

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment