Friday, September 23, 2011

7:14 am - As I was debating whether or not I wanted to write a quick entry this morning, I received a phone call from my boss. "Could you come in at ten, rather than 8:30?" 

I'd be delighted

I now have the whole morning to relax, study, and tend to any tasks I need to complete for this weekend. It's Rimbey's graduation in a few days here, and I agreed and insisted on taking Corrinna's photos on her big day. I'm excited to go home for the nostalgic affect, but I can guarantee it's not going to be the easiest weekend for any of us. 

The heaviest issue of all is obviously going to be the fact that the person that should and would be there under any circumstance for his daughter won't be there at all. Casey will be in the back of everyone's mind. As we take the "family photo" a key person will be very obviously absent. During the father daughter dance, Corrinna will have to be accompanied by her Grandpa or Uncle. At the graduation dinner, Casey's seat will be filled by my Mom. I feel like the realism of his death will become very apparent for every one this weekend. 

So, as you can assume, I am feeling very up and down about it all. I just hope that we can laugh and smile and even cry if we must, and remember that even though Casey isn't here any more it doesn't mean that the family he helped create has to die too.

On a side note, my morning music has consisted of Cold Play these last few days.
Hope you're fans, and if you're not #SorryBoutCha!

No comments:

Post a Comment