Friday, September 9, 2011

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey."

After meeting Erikka's new posse and consuming the most delicious Tandoori Salmon salad at Moxies, I headed to Kas' place to attempt and fail (big surprise) at baking a cake for Erikka's birthday tomorrow. I've been having some great nights and truly can't complain at this point, but it's still been hard to try to throw myself back into the real world. Acting as though everything is fine and normal, when for myself and my family that just isn't the case. hasn't been easy. I left Kas' with a smile, but I wasn't ready to come home. In stead I drove, and drove, and drove, and drove. A person's poker face only lasts so long, until it eventually cracks and the truth surfaces. My truth doesn't consist of happy quirky things any more. That's right, no fluffy kittens, vibrant rainbows, not even Glee. When I finally face my thoughts, all I can think about is how broken everything is and how scary and uncertain the future for my family looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment