Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Living by Accident vs. Living by Action


Today, I came home on a mission: unwind, cook a decent meal, pack my bags, read my book.

As I sit here writing this post, my clothes are scattered all over my bed, my book still has a story to tell and I'm more wound up than before! Mission accomplished? Not quite. Am I mad about it? Not at all. Should I be? Of course not.

Why?

I made a choice. Rather than spending my night obsessing over all of the uncrossed Ts, I decided to reinvent my priority list. What was unwinding going to do for me? What if I rewound myself up and filled my day with positive, deliberate action? Imagine what could be accomplished.

I'm sitting here tonight in awe of how entangled I have become in feel good vibes and positive relationships. My night was consumed by brainstorming sessions, business meetings, dreaming, planning, laughter and love. I'm one of the lucky ones. I am blessed in life with uplifting, supportive people who keep me inspired and driven, day after day. This hasn't happened by accident. Nothing happens by accident. This happened by action.

Take a moment, think about who you aspire to be in life. Then ask yourself, am I hoping for an accident, or creating through action?

Yours,

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment