Thursday, August 11, 2011

All I Need

Some days I love my job more than others. It can be hard, stressful, and heart wrenching, but in all honesty I probably have the best job a person could ask for. :)

For the past month I have been attending summer gymnastics camp and essentially watching all of the activities, swimming, and playing at the park. This week has been a little different though, work has been brought home! After swimming lessons my client and I come back to my house and play Monopoly until lunch, and let me just mention - I have mastered the economic strategy and am open to a challenge any day, hehe. After we eat we either head outside to blow bubbles at the park or get creative on the sidewalk, followed by some quiet colouring or play time. Some days I feel like I'm playing Mommy and I won't lie, it's not awful. Yesterday I even managed to clean my kitchen and bathroom while he coloured and cut out characters from his favorite T.V. show. Kids don't have to be hard to have around as long as you stick to a schedule and keep them entertained. I've learnt so much from my job and I think that's why I enjoy it so much.

I'm a firm believer in only doing things that make you feel as if you are a part of something positive and progressive. So finding a job that teaches me valuable lessons, changes my perspective, provides love for children, and lessens stress on families who require aid, has probably been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Personally, I've always wanted to "make a difference", no matter how cliche it may sound. I mean I gave up eating meat for almost two years, all because I felt like if I made a statement and peaked a few individual's interest I could be a part of something much bigger than myself. I did too, soon enough friends were choosing to change their diet along my side and although I didn't remain a vegetarian I still raised some awareness in hick central.

That's what it's all about, in my opinion. If a person is able to be selfless, they'll be successful. Not necessarily in terms of fortune and wealth, but you are able to live every day with soul satisfaction.

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment