Friday, June 10, 2011

Twas a RUGBY day.

Did I ever receive a burnt back after a full day in the rays! I don't really know what to write about today, I think even my scalp is burnt. Maybe that means my brain is a little toasted too. Get it? Yeah, not that funny.

I'm listening to Here In Your Arms by Hellogoodbye. A bit of a blast from the past, I know. Were they ever cool? Who knows. All I know is that I have some great memories that come rushing back as soon as I hear a certain track. It's strange how I go through waves with my music. One week I'll be listening to country, only country, and the next thing I know I've moved on to City and Colour.

Work's been going well. Wow, really work? I think my life is so drama free that it is actually too boring to write about as a form of entertainment. That hasn't happened since before high school I'm sure. I always write about boys, or girls, I guess just people in general. Funny how that works. I experience so much, but evidently the only thing that I seem to think is worth remembering are my encounters with other people? I think it's obvious that that perspective is fading though, just because I am finally making this realization. "Admitting your problem is the first step to recovery", they always say. I think I'm far past that first step though. I've taken the plunge, fully submerged into that water, and made it back to the surface alive. Look at me go, hey!

I feel great, besides my scorched skin that is. Strangely, I'd rather experience physical pain than any form of emotional hardship. Maybe it's because it's easier to let your body heal itself, than to give your brain the responsibility of healing your heart. Or maybe, I feel this way because I have never actually experienced extreme physical pain, but I like my first reasoning much better. It makes me seem more creative and intelligent...joking.

Well, it's time for me to say my goodbyes, but on a final note I want to share what I learnt today:
-after sun spray IS NOT the same as spray on sunscreen
-Beth by ACDC was written about one of the band members needy girl friends
...seriously, this is proof that my memory is awful. I learn nothing.

Farewell,
L.

No comments:

Post a Comment